Nightmares and Man Eaters

About every week I have a dream. I’m a bride. The look of the dream is never exactly the same. Sometimes I’m dressed in jeans, sometimes I’m in all white and looking gorgeous. Sometimes my family is there. Sometimes no one is there. I’m at a temple. I’m at a park. The feel of the dream is always the same. I’m terrified. I don’t want to. Turn, run, get out.

The latest: I’m dressed in a stiff business like suit. Cream. I walk down a dark aisle in a random church. My groom: Dark, curly hair. Muscular. Very. All in all good looking. I don’t want to marry him. The preacher, father, reverend, whatever he is, is talking to us. We both say I do. The real wedding is about to start. I walk down the aisle. Fight or flight. Flight. “You’re already married” someone says, “When you were talking to the preacher you said I do.” It’s to late. I wake up in a cold sweat. Realize it was a dream and try to calm my rushed breathing and hammering heart. At least I didn’t wake up screaming this time.

Now being the logical person I am I know that either Freud or some psychic out there has the answer. Seeing as Freud would simply claim that I have some sexually repressed desire towards my father’s mother’s brother’s son’s uncle’s grandson’s father twice removed well I went with the psychic. Google presented me with two options. Dream Dictionary and Aunt Flo. Dream Dictionary states: “A wedding reflects your issues about commitment and independence. Such dreams are often negative and highlight some anxiety or fear.” Cheers. Aunt Flo agrees with this, “To get married in your dream-Independence is being questioned.” Double cheers. Who ever thought a Google dream psychic would be right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Abruptly Vague All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger